Friday, April 2, 2010

Venues: Wineries

On Fridays I am going to be posting about some venues in Western Australia. It is hard sifting through hundreds of different websites when you are looking for a wedding venue, so hopefully this will help someone out there! Let me know if you are hunting for something specific and I will try to help out.

Today we're going to look at some sweet wineries around the Perth metropolitan area. I have been trying to find another one that is more than a shed-with-vines, but it's too draining to trawl the internet - so without further ado:-

Sandalford Winery
Sandalford winery is HUGE and they have a few different options for wedding ceremonies and receptions. My favourite is the Oak Room, which has walls lined with oak barrels. I know in the US, there is a 'barn wedding' craze but we don't have many barns in Australia and I think this would make such a nice alternative for a rustic/chic wedding.

Photos via Sandalford Winery website and here.

The Sandalford website has 360 panoramic views of each of their spaces, so I won't double up -here are my top picks:

Durack Room: On the second level, with french doors, balcony and rustic styling. 80 seated guests.

Underground Cellar: Similar to the oak room, but less wood around the place - I could see a more modern celebration happening here. Seats up to 250 guests.

Of course, there are also the lawns (Merlot and Verdelho), so expansive and beautiful.

Website: www.sandalford.com.au


Millbrook Winery
Millbrook Winery has a gorgeous function room on their 2nd floor that has a deck overlooking their lake and vines. The function room can cater for 100 people (seated) or 150 (standing) and is decorated really nicely, wooden floors, stone detailing, high ceilings and a fireplace - really light and airy.

Photos from Millbrook Winery website and The Wedding Network.

Website: www.millbrookwinery.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment