This week we have been getting our yard ready for the party - such a huge job as we live on 3/4 acre with lots of natural bush (read: lots and lots of leaves to rake)
It's a great chance to also finish off those little jobs that take ages to get done..
This week we have:
- given the fences 2 coats of paint
- cleared the path to the tennis court, and raked all the leaves away
- moved our mulch piles further away from the tennis court
- got rid of some wood we were drying for firewood (we got to give it away - yay!)
- organised our bonfire area - we won't be having a bonfire, but it looks pretty now!
- gave our deck it's yearly coat of oil and paint
- tightened our tennis court fence around the top
- chopped down a rotten tree near the tennis court fence
- pressure cleaned the tennis court surface
- trained our climbing roses and vines.. gave them some more support
- pressure cleaned our courtyard area which was dirty from our bathroom renovations
- removed a built-in brick barbeque in the courtyard and re-paved where it had been
- paved a new path to the tennis court
- mulched all our garden beds with pea straw
- got rid of old garden pots created a new garden bed in the courtyard
- washed all the glass jars that will be on the tables
- confirmed everybody's r.s.v.p.
- tiled our toilet room and laundry sink back-splash
- put down wood chips under our swing
yet to do:
- grind off the bolts under our swing so that and pets/small children won't get scratched by them
- rake down our bonfire area
- put down some pea gravel on the sides of the new path
- meet with our lighting guy
Almost done! Then we can get onto the fun things, like hanging lanterns and picking up all the PARTY GEAR!